Bkgd

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Rock On - Loves Rubberstamps Blog Hop



Good Morning Friends -
Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a $20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher!  We will draw the winner of the Voucher the 1st Sunday of each month! Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments!


I stepped out of my element a bit today and had fun with it!  This image, Drummer Dude, by Make it Crafty, is not my typical cutsie image.  But I love some of the Make it Crafty images and this one happened to be perfect for my college student's birthday.  She is a big fan of a local band, Tricky Dick & the Cover Ups.  They are a cover band that plays locally.  I found their logo and added it to the drum, but blurred it out incase for this post incase there are any copy right issues.  He is colored with copics.  I used my air brush to add a spot light around him and that purple haze that you typically see at a concert.  

There is a tag sticking out of the top of the card, adorned with ribbons.  You will see the perfect sentiment below =).



Copics used:
Skin:  E50, E51, E21, E25
Hair:  E50, E53, E57, E59
Shirt/Band:  YR15, YR21, YR27, YR68
Jeans:  B91, B95, B99
Symbols:  YR21, YR24, YR27
Stands/Drums:  BV20, BV23, BV25
Haze:  Y11, BV17, RV95


Since many of us will be signing this card to wish her a Happy Birthday, I made it a tri-fold card and left lots of white space.    Did you catch the zebra print tie?  That tie is on many of the bands shirts along with their logo.  So I added it as a personal touch.  She will understand.


Here is the tag that peaks out of the top.  I have always loved the sentiment and it fits perfect with the Drummer Dude.


Supplies used:
Make it Crafty - Drummer Dude
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Black Soot, Clear Embossing, Various other browns, not sure what I used, sorry)
Washi tape
Inkadinkadoo - Sentiment
Ribbon
Printworks - Sentiment


So here is the remainder of the hop!  Rock on!
Athina (you are here)
Nina

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to check out what the other lovely ladies have created today.  Laura has also added a lot of new images to the store lately, including this one, be sure to check them out!

Blessings until next time...

Athina

10 comments:

  1. What a super fun card! I am sure your friend will LOVE this! I love the added tie and tag too and your coloring is AWESOME!! LOL - the band name made me laugh! I always want to ask...how did you come up with THAT name - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just too cool---great masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh this is so cute! Love your drummer and the sentiment is so great, it is never too late, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Rocked it!!! Sorry for the pun, I love the image, the card is super! The colors and the tag sentiment, just perfect. tfs Love Ya' Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol this is Awesome!!! You ROCKED on your creaton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This Totally Rocks!! Love that awesome image and your fabulous coloring. I hope I don't sound like a broken record, lol.
    Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to rock it out !!! Love the fun image & great card design !! :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is amazing! I always love your coloring and I love the circle around the image. Plus the old drummer is so funny and awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This rocks!!! :) I love the image and the design makes it so perfect for a group card! Nice that you incorporated some designs from the band itself. I'm sure she will love this!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!