Bkgd

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Watercolor Flowers

Good Morning Friends!


Just a quick card for today.  I have some exciting news!!! I have been selected to be part of the Party Time Tuesday Design Team starting in January!  I am really looking forward to the challenge.  Stop by and play along with us.

This one is just a quick and simple one that I made as part of my husband's grandmothers Christmas Gift.  I usually make her some different cards to send out thru the year.  She loves them and it saves her some time and money for the year.

I started this one with a red cardstock base.  I used water color paper and distress markers for the image.  The image is by Stampers Anonymous.  I colored the stamp with my markers and spritzed with water.  Then stamped on the water color paper.  I added some more water to the extra ink on the stamp to stamp around the edges.  I then heated the image to set it and added some distress ink around the edges of the card.  It is finished with a background layer, some ribbon and pearls.


Just a closer look at the stamped image.



I hope you enjoyed your stop today.  Have a fantastic weekend and Happy Holidays to you!

Thank you for stopping by!
Blessings until next time....
Athina

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Congrats on the new team, you'll be a great asset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all congrats on being on the DT! Your work is amazing! I love the idea of making cards for grandma to use all year long. What a great idea. I may have to steal the idea and do this for my mother :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the water color look. Congrats on making the Party Time Tuesday DT! YAY! That means you'll have tons of fun stuff to share in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!