Bkgd

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Crafty Gals April Challenge!

Good Morning Everyone!

Today I have the April Challenge from our SCS Crafty Gals Group.  Diane was our hostess and gave us quite a challenge.

So the challenge was:

"April Showers bring May Flowers"

Since April is supposed to be a rainy month in most of the country, I thought we would try a "water" challenge. My challenge to you is to incorporate water in some way on your card. It can be rain, puddles, ocean, sea, beach, lake, bathtub or anything else you can think of. In addition to the water, I want you to use ribbon, brads and patterned paper on your card. I can't wait to see your creations and I hope you all enjoy this month's challenge.


I searched thru all my stamps and did not have one stamp relating to water.  Hmmm.... So I thought about it and thought about it.  After searching online and not finding anything that struck me, I finally found this cute little Stampendous stamp at Hobby Lobby.  Well, actually my hubby spotted it.

Ribbon was used on the tag - Check
Brad - Always Laugh - Check
Water - Rain & Ocean - Check
Pattern Paper - MME - Check

So I have all the elements for the challenge!  I colored the image with copics (see colors below).  I airbrushed the water and the gray sky.  Then used the colorless blender to blend it in and give the water some texture.  The rain is highlighted with Waterfall color stickles by Tim Holtz.  The image is nested in a spellbinders die cut.  The sentiment is by TGF and though you can't see it well in the picture, it says "Everyone needs a Friend like you".  I stamped the tag with dots using Tim Holtz Dried Magnolia distress ink.





Copics used

Make sure to stop by and see the other creations by the Crafty Gals Blog Group.  I have put their links below:
1. Melina ~ Crafty Scrapper 
2. Jackie ~ Kreate With Me 2 
3. Tracie ~ The Crafty Touch 
4. Carolina ~ Cardolina Scrapolina 
6. Diane ~ Stampin Ldyglfr62 

Thank you for stopping by! And a special thanks to Diane for a stumper of a challenge this month!

Until next time....
Athina

13 comments:

  1. This is soooo cute Athina! I adore that image & your coloring is awesome!! I'm lovin' the layout too....great job on the challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! This is so cute! I love your cute image! Your coloring is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you and Jeanette love the same image! What great colors in your card--and I love the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Athins...you are the. Oloring super woman! I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Athina, your card is so cute!!!. I love those shinny drops!!!. The papers are very cute as well. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Athina, your card is absolutely perfect! I love the image (tee hee! I suppose you saw that I used the same one).... and your coloring is dynamite!!! Love the Stickles and the papers and the embellishments! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a cute card. I love that pattern paper, but I'm addicted to paper and ribbon. Is there a 12-step program for that? I hope not! Your coloring is fabulous! Great card and perfect for the challenge. Welcome to the New Bloggers Group. I figured out how to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Athina,
    I love that image. You can't help but smile when you see it. Glad I was able to enable your purchase. I love the layout and how you turn down the corner with the brad. The waterfall Stickles is a nice touch too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Changito the monkey!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute image, good thing your hubby found it...he...he! I'm sure you'll use it again and again! Super cute card, I love the different papers you used and your coloring is fantastic as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! Love the glitter rain!!! Great image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great card!! I love the cute little monkey image too! Your coloring is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!! The image is just too cute! Nice work on the coloring too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!