Bkgd

Sunday, July 8, 2012

For a Special Lady!

Hello Friends!

Today is a special day!  My Aunt is celebrating her birthday.  I can tell you in the last 10 years we have become very close and I am very grateful for our relationship.  I guess I can blame her for this crazy addiction I have.  I remember telling her when she asked me to scrapbook with her, "I am not that patient, I don't think I could do it."  Well, here we sit today and she blames me for getting her into trouble with supplies and You Tube.  I guess what comes around goes around, right?! =-)

Well, we both have a love for the same man... Ummm, that would be Tim Holtz.  So I thought I would take some of the things I am learning in the Creative Chemistry 101 class and make a card for her.  She will 'get it'!.  Others would likely say, what did you do with that mess of stuff.

So for the tag, I used distress inks in blues and greens.  I then used some stamps with white picket fence stain and stamped on top of the first layer of distress ink.  I heated it with a heat tool to make sure it was sealed.  Then I used black Archival ink to stamp the bird and flowers (stamps by Tim Holtz Visual Artistry collection).  I also stamped a bit of texture in black to add some extra dimension.  When I completed the stamping, I used black soot distress ink to go around the images to make the center pop out a bit more.  The ribbon on the top was white, but I used tumbled glass distress stain to give it color to match the tag.

The background is actually a black piece of cardstock.  I took crackle paint in white and painted the cardstock.  I was too impatient to let it dry, so I heated it also.  Once it cracked, I went over it with peeled paint and tumbled glass distress ink for additional color.  Don't be shocked, but I then wadded that piece of black cardstock up and then flattened it out and distressed the edges.  I figured that since the tag was a bit grungy, I would make the background grungy as well.




The inside was much simpler.  Just a piece of Bo Bunny paper that matches the outside.  I distressed it then took a white piece of cardstock to stamp the sentiment.  The edges of the white cardstock are inked with more peeled paint and tumbled glass distress ink.


When I finished, my hands were pretty stained.  But overall, I am very happy with the result.  I can't wait to play a bit more with the inks and stains.  They are pretty cool!

Have a great day!
Blessings until next time...
Athina

6 comments:

  1. Love that you "framed" the tag, Athina! It is gorgeous. My daughter introduced me to scrapbooking, so beyond our "familial" bone, we have this as a special bond, as you and Auntie do. Happy birthday, Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work with all of the distressed inks and stamps...turned out absolutely beautiful and I'm sure your Aunt is going to love it.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely! Beautiful stamping on the tag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, I'm sure you aunt is going to enjoy receiving this from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty, she's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!