Bkgd

Saturday, November 26, 2011

For My Rock!

 Good Morning Everyone!

I have decorated my blog for the season!  It seems Christmas is coming very fast and I don't have much shopping done. At this point I don't even know what I am going to buy for anyone.  I think the hardest this year will be my husband.  He keeps declaring that he does not want anything.  YIKES!!  I have no idea this year.  I hope your shopping is progressing and that you all have time to enjoy the holidays and the true meaning.

Ok, sorry to ramble, now for the card.  I truely don't know what I would do without my best friend and I was thinking of her as I made this card.  She is my ROCK and knows me very well.  We met in college and now work together at the same company.  Even though we work together, we don't always see each other every day.  But nothing every changes in our relationship.  We pick up right where we left off the last time.  I don't know what I would ever do without her.

I took some inspiration for this card from http://inkingontheedge.blogspot.com/...sc-46warm.html.
I had colored the image in mute brown and pink tones.   The image is Stampavive Precious Moments.  The Sara Kay designs remind me of Holly Hobby growing up.  They are indeed precious.  I layered the card with My Mind's Eye paper and finished it off with lace, ribbon and a butterfly embellishment.


Copics:
Skin:  E00, E00, E11
Hair:  E15, E17, E19
Pants:  E53, E55, E57, E59
Hat:  E30, E31, E35
Patches: RV91, RV95, RV99
Shirt:  R00, R21, R22
Chicks:  YR20, YR23, YR24


The inside is layered with a few layers of cardstock and paper with a sentiment by Hampton Arts.  The sentiment is so true and fitting.

 
 In closing, just remember that person that sings to you when you forget the words and tell them how important they are to you. 
Thank you for looking and have a great day!

Until next time.
Athina

5 comments:

  1. Oh My! What a Wonderful Card! So sweet and darn cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty! love the papers you used and the colors on your image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Athina, love the papers and the embellishments. Very pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute image!! She reminds me of Holly Hobby too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!