Bkgd

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A New Goal!

Hello Ladies!

I hope everyone who celebrates Christmas had a wonderful weekend celebrating!  One of ours ended up getting postponed, so we went ahead with one of my husbands and my traditions.  We went to the mall on Christmas Eve to watch all the last minute shoppers.  It can be quite fun to just sit and people watch.  There are lots of men wondering around trying to find that perfect gift.  Then we had a celebration late Christmas Eve with his family and then celebrated with my family on Christmas Day.  I love spending time with my family, it just seems that we have all become so busy and we just don't see each other as much as I would like.

Ok, so now onto the real reason for the post today.....

I have been wanting to do more challenges for the upcoming year.  So no time like the present to get started, right?  I want to expand my skills and spread my wings into new adventures.  I am looking for some good blog challenges for the future, so if you know of any, leave me a comment!  I would love to check them out and participate.

This particular challenge came from the sketch challenge over at SCS (SC365). Basically, you are given a sketch and you create a card based off that sketch.  This came in very handy this morning as I was laying in bed thinking I needed to make a card for my BFF.  I was thinking of the green and purple colors but still trying to decide how to lay out the card.  I knew I wanted something simple for the card.  One of my normal colored images was not appropriate today.  Once I got up and checked my email, I was surprised to find this challenge note.  PERFECT!!!

Here is the sketch!



Here is my card.  I choose MME papers, as they are my favorite.  The stamped image is from PSX.  I used mulberry paper that I pulled out of that stash from years ago and a bold purple ribbon with a bo bunny brad to finish her off.


The inside sentiment is by Stampin Up.

If you want to check out all the other cards made for this challenge, check them out here.

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you have a great day!

Blessings until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Great sketch Athina!! I keep a list of stamping challenges on my blog if you want to check it out. I have it sorted by days of the week, so you can catch the most up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card! I love that sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Athina. Great sketch. I love challenges too. They help me so much and I've learned a lot since I started doing them. I have a list in my blog. My favourites are: Wednesday MFT (My Favourite Things) challenge at Splitcoast, Viva la Verve, Unity... just check them if you want I should look for more though. Very nice card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning card--I too need to check out the sketches if mine would only turn out this good!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!