Bkgd

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Chaitali!!

Hello!

Today I want to wish my friend Chaitali a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I sent this card to her and I hope she has received it by now.  

I got my inspiration in church from the VBS group. The invites were pencils with pinwheels on top.  Very fun and summery!  

Recipe:
Paper:  MME & Echo Park
Sentiment: Outside:  Stampin up, Inside:  American Art Stamps
Sketch:  Lets Scrap 5-1-11

So how did I make that pinwheel?  It was very simple.  I cut a 3 inch square out of double sided paper.  and folded the square in half to make a triangle going both directions.  So you have folds with 4 triangles.  I then cut most of the way up on every other fold.  Fold one side to make it look like a pinwheel.  After I did the folds, I put a cute little brad in the middle.



Chaitali's blog is on the left side.  Stop by and give her some birthday wishes!

Have a great day Chaitali!

Thank you for stopping by...
Athina

12 comments:

  1. Do you know I have never made a pinwheel card? These simple, step-by-step directions are going to help me do just that! Love your cards, Athina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!!! Thats a beautiful card!! It hasn't arrived yet but will tell you the minote it does. Time to start stalking the mailman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pinwheels! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! With a capital C, U, T and E!!! LOL. I've been meaning to try one of those pinwheels on my cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect birthday card for my sister-in-law so I am making this today! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are an awesome blogger Athina. A great friend!!!. She will love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute idea, love your pinwheel! I've been seeing more of these lately and I might have to try one now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet card. Love the pinwheel and your colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pinwheel. I have been wanting to make some but haven't had time yet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute card!! I was just looking at pinwheels on Pinterest today! Someone made lollies with pinwheels on them and another project had pinwheels on treat boxes. http://flowerbug.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/06/pinwheel-treat-box.html
    http://flowerbug.typepad.com/my_weblog/2012/06/pinwheel-rosette-banner.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable!! :) You have inspired me to attempt a pinwheel!

    ReplyDelete
  12. very sweet! I love your pinwheel!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!