Bkgd

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Kissing Cousins!

Hello Friends!

Just a quick post tonight!  I have not had a lot of time to get work done in my craft room.  This is a page out of the book I made for my dad for Father's Day.  I took the pictures at my brothers wedding last October.  The two little girls are my nieces.  While we were taking picture of the brides and her bridesmaids, I zoomed in a bit and snapped a few of them sharing sweet kisses.

The background paper is by inque and the others are by MME.  For embellishments, I used a clear stamp to stamp the flourish, some white chipboard inked with Tim Holtz Peeled Paint Distress ink and finally a few butterflies cut out of my Storybook Cricut cartridge.  I used a layout by Audrey Yeager from Creative Keepsakes Mar/Apr 2012 as inspiration for this page.


 

I cut two of each butterfly and used a random stamp on each to emboss clear powder on them.  After I embossed them, I used Dusty Concord and Peeled Paint Distress ink on top of them.  The embossing powder created a resist to the ink.  I finished them of with some pop dots between the two layers and some pretty pearls.

I hope to be back with some cute cards very soon!  

Thank you for stopping by!
Blessings until next time...
Athina

9 comments:

  1. What a sweet page! The girls are adorable and I just love those butterflies.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Athina, this page is so adorable!!! I bet he LOVES your scrapbook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful, Athina! I love the delicate, feminine colors you have chose for this precious photos! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute pages! What sweet little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is just beautiful!! Cute girls too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! love the title and purple accents :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious your nieces are. This page is very sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous layout. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!