Bkgd

Monday, August 27, 2012

Happy Holidays - Distress style!

Good Morning!

This is one of the first cards I made after getting my stash of distress inks and Tim Holtz Stamps.  The stamp collection is Holiday Wishes.

I started by inking my background of the center image with browns.  I then used the sheet music stamp to enhance the background a bit.  I kept stamping and inking until I was happy.  I added some pine leaves in greens and santa in red.  All of this stamping was done with the distress inks.  Then I used black archival ink to stamp the Happy Holidays.  It was very simple and lots of fun to see what you can create with inks and a white piece of paper.




For the inside, I used the pinecone stamp and stamped it around the edges to make a border.  I stamped off the actual card to add variety and used several shades of brown.  After I stamped all of them, I spritzed it with water to mute some of the pinecones into the background.  I then stamped some more pinecones for the front.  Finished it off with the sentiment by Stampabilities.

I am sorry most of my posts lately have been with these distress inks, but I have had so much fun creating with them.  You will never get the same look twice.  I think maybe Tim himself should stop by and maybe hire me as his sidekick!  What do you think?  What a dream job that would be ;0).  I guess a girl can dream.  Try them out and they will likely become your new addiction!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  I enjoyed your visit!

Blessings until next time!

8 comments:

  1. I loooooove distress! Great job on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the layering of inks and stamps. Turned out so cool

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just comment on Tracie's blog about not having the opportunity to use my Tim Holtz distress ink yet. Well I guess I'm going to take lots of ideas from you Athina!!!. Love your card!!!. I can't wait to play with them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Fabulous job on this. I love vintage/distressing and you really rocked it. And certainly don't apologize for using distress inks. You do a fantastic job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous!! Love the warm colors and the Santa image! Beautiful creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Athina, this card is gorgeous! I can't believe you're new at using distressed inks. This looks so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Pretty---love this image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're really getting into the distress inks! I haven't tried them, but I might one day...I got my eye out! I miss your coloring, but I'm sure it will be back soon. Something new to admire and look at is good too.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!