Bkgd

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thank you!

Good Evening Friends,

It has been a very busy summer around here.  It seems we don't sit down until later in the evening any more.  Always on the go.... but I don't think we are missing anything!

Today I have a quick little Thank You card that I made for my brother.  He fixed my computer a while back and put a new hard drive in it.  So I make this for him.

I used distress inks in orange, browns and yellows to give it a manly feel.  Distressed the edges a bit, even more manly, huh?  Then I used an letter stamp by stampabilities in the background with multiple colors of brown on the back ground stamp.   I then used distress stain in picket fence to stamp the tickes along the right hand side.  Added some clock faces by Stampers Anonymous and finally the man with an umbrella in black Archival ink.  Stamped a little Thank you in the bottom and glued him down.

I am really liking using the distress inks.  It might become as big of an addiction as the copics are.  My DH just rolls his eyes each time I get more inks, stains or stamps.  I think he is jealous. lol. =-)

Thank you for stopping by today!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Until next time...
Athina

8 comments:

  1. This card is stunning--I have this set and need to ink it up now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a beautiful card Athina !! I love the use of distress inks on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Athina!!!. I didn't know about distress inks until the other day, I saw a video using them by Tim Holtz and I love it. I guess it is time to start buying a new thing!!!. Love that silhouette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this card Athina:) The man feels vaguely like a British gent to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking card Athina! I love that man stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What would we all do if TH had never developed Distress products? LOL I like my inks too and I just started collecting some of the stains. I bet you had a lot of fun making this card and I'm sure your brother will appreciate it. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool background work and love all of the distressing. I'm sure your brother loved it.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the feel of this card! Cool image too! Very masculine looking! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!