Bkgd

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Loves Rubberstamps Sunday Blog Hop!

Good Morning Friends,

Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to win a $10 Loves Rubberstamps store gift certificate. So, all you have to do is hop along and see all the creations and leave a little love for the Designers! You have until Saturday, May 18th, at 8pm CST. Have fun and we hope that you enjoy the hop!

If you've arrived here from Dangina's blog you are right on track! If not, I have posted the whole blog hop list below just in case you get lost along the way!

I have been trying to work a bit on a book for my dad for the last year.  Well, it is now down to crunch time so I have to feverishly get something done for Father's Day.  Last October, my cousin got married.  Unfortunately, I was not able to attend, but my handy right hand photographer (dad) captured this great photo of the beautiful bride and her groom.  This layout will go in his book for this year.   Sorry the picture is not great.  For some reason, I struggle getting pics of a layout.

I used brown and creme cardstock as the background.  The cream was inked with Walnut Stain distress ink after being crumpled and distressed.  I sewed it to the brown cardstock and started my layout.  I added some papers from Bo Bunny Blissful Blizzard collection and Simple stories.  I also used a doily and some lace on the background.


 I used a stamp I have had for years in the corner (sorry, don't know the brand) with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink.


For the tag, I used Rich Cocoa Memento Ink to stamp 1 Corinthians 13:4-8.  I then used Old Paper, Brushed Corduroy, Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain, and Aged Mahogany distress ink to ink the tag. 


The top of the tag includes wild orchid flowers, a hat pin and a die cut heart.


Your next stop on the hop is Shanna!

Athina (you are here!)

We hope you have fun on the hop today!  It is a great way to see what the very talented design team is up to!

Thanks for stopping by!  I do appreciate your visit!
Blessings until next time...
Athina

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout! So many beautiful details and so elegant looking. What a fantastic idea for Father's day and your dad is going to love his book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this is so gorgeous! Love the vintage look and all the fabulous details. Absolutely beautiful. Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so beautiful, love the corner stamp, it's perfect and the colors and details are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this layout! So many details make this layout extra special! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! The colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!