Bkgd

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Thankful for You! Sensational Sunday Blog Hop - Loves Rubberstamps!



Good Morning Fellow Crafters -
Welcome to the Loves Rubberstamps weekly Sensational Sunday Blog Hop! The Design Team has created some gorgeous projects for your Inspiration. Check out each link and leave a comment. If you get lost along the way, each stop will have a full list of links. One of the Design Team posts is the hop's Sensational Sunday Sweet Spot and a name will be drawn from that list of comments to be in a monthly drawing for a $20 Loves Rubberstamps Gift Voucher!  We will draw the winner of the Voucher the 1st Sunday of each month! Remember, you have until 8:00 pm CST Saturday to leave your comments!

It is so hard to believe that the first week of September has already flown by.  I was on vacation this week and we ended it with a huge garage sale.  I am puzzled as we were exhausted after the sale, but did nothing but sit around and talk to people all day.  Who knows??  We were just happy it was successful and we rid our house of lots of goodies.

Ok, on to today's creation...  I made a little card using my Ranger (Tim Holtz) inks and markers.  They are always so fun to pull out and create.  By the time I am done, I have a huge mess on my desk.  Well, that may not be all that unusual, but it is a bigger mess than I started with.  I used water color paper and Hero Arts Design Block Silhouette stamp to begin.  I colored the stamp with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers and then spritzed them with water.  I then stamped the background image.  It is not a sharp image, but that is ok for the background.  Then I used Distress Ink with a ink blending tool to go around the edges.  I added some pearls to the background and tore the bottom off.  I matted the image and placed it on the card. 



 I then added a bow and a tag.  The background of the tag was stamped with Penny Black, Love Chapter font in Brushed Curdory distress ink and then inked around the edges with Rusty Hinge distress ink.  The sentiment is from the Be Happy, Amy R, collection and stamped with Memento Black Tuxedo ink.   


Fired Brick
Forest Moss 
Frayed Burlap
Peeled Paint
Spiced Marmalade
Vintage Photo
Wild Honey


Distress Ink used:  



So here is the remainder of the hop!
Athina (you are here)
Nina

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Be sure to check out what the other lovely ladies have created today.

Blessings until next time...

Athina

9 comments:

  1. What a stunning card. Love how you have used the distress inks. The result is stunning. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Card! I love all THE flowers and THE beautiful colours!

    Love from THE netherlands,
    Leintje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the flowers, great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh this is so beautiful, love the image and the fabulous fall colors and design. So pretty. Glad the yard sale was a success! After my last one, I decided donation with tax deductable reciept was the way to go, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, Athina!! :) :)
    I love the fall colors and the pearls that you added to the centers of the flowers!!
    Great details!! :) :)
    XO
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful scene you've created! Your fall colors are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is BEAUTIFUL!! It that is the Blooming Meadow stamp from Hero Arts that is one that is going to be in the store soon just FYI ;) The fall colors look so pretty! And my desk is ALWAYS a disaster - I work in about 12 inches of space and lose everything in front of my face because it is so messy - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the flowers, love the colors and I've also been using tags on my cards lately, so of course, I love the tag. Great sentiment, too. tfs Love Ya' Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is beautiful. Love your pretty flowers and love how you accented the centers. TFS.
    Crafty hugs
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!