Bkgd

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Loves Rubberstamps - Great Outdoors

Hello Friends!

Well today is my last day of my long weekend!  I has been nice, but I am not quite ready to get back to work tomorrow.  At least we get to have some fun today with what I have to share with you.  It is another challenge with Loves Rubberstamps!  Are you ready?  The challenge is to create an outdoor scene.  So go find your background stamps and create something fun!

Our fabulous sponsor this week is The Paper Shelter.


I had so much fun creating this card and think that it turned out so well.  I figure any cow girl or boy is a bit grungy from hanging on the range, so I choose to distress the papers a lot.  The background papers are part of the Simple Stories Awesome collection.  The image is Adorable Cowgirl, generously provided by The Paper Shelter.  I stamped the background image with the Magnolia Shabby Chic Fence and added some grass.  I also added some Tumbled Glass and Walnut Stain distress ink around all the edges.  To finish the embellishments, I used a button, twine, pearls Wild Orchid Flowers and a paper clip.  I also added some stitching around the edges to help hold some of those torn pieces in place.


Copics used:
Skin:  E000, E00, E11, E13
Hair:  E02, E08, E18, E19
Dress:  BG000, BG72, BG75, BG78
Jacket/Hat:  E31, E31, E35
Boots:  E31, E35, E37, E39
Fence:  W0, W1, W3, W5
Belt:  E99, YR27, YR24
Grass:  Well... I just start grabbing G's, YG's, E's and N's.  Sorry I did not write them down.

 The inside also uses the  Simple Stories Awesome collection. I left the inside blank, as I am not quiet sure what I will use this card for.

So now that the weather is warming, let's see your outdoor scenes.  Please come over and share with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings until next time...
Athina

16 comments:

  1. This is awesome Athina! I'm always blown away looking at your creativity!!! What a nice job you did coloring her & love the layout as well as everything else!!!!!

    Thanks so much for joining us this week @ 613 Avenue Create & hope to see you again next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Athina great colouring & design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project, Athina! Wonderful coloring and the image is adorable. Thanks for playing at our house at 613 Avenue Create.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fantastic piece of art. I would so like to hang it here in my craft space. The colors are stunning and your layout is perfect.
    Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I don't know what else I could say :) Your card is a masterpiece! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter Challenge.
    Hugs Merkkari

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card, love how you have colored the image!! The embellishments are great, lovely flower and love that little button. Hugs Kate Thank´s for join us at Artistics Inspiration this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just too cute Thanks for playing at Gingerloft

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute cute! She just pops off the card. This would be a great card just to say Howdy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card, love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie (Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning image, Love the cowgirl,great flowers too. Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft in our Torn & Distressed challenge . Tania (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, your coloring job is awesome! Love all the details on your card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful. I LOOOOVE it. WOW...the coloring is AMAZING! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so super cute!!! I love how you used this image.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is so pretty! I love the colors you used on cowgirl and that fence is so cool! Beautiful coloring too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card and beautiful colouring! Awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at OSAAT this week and good luck. Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, such cruelty to pretty papers.... (can you telly I don't distress very often, I am sure it cries when you tear it LOL) This is a very pretty image and you have made a gorgeous card with it.

    Many thanks for joining in with our 'Use A Digi' challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!