Bkgd

Thursday, January 5, 2012

January Crafty Gals Challenge "Newness"

Hello!

Today is posting day for our January Challenge for the Crafty Gals Blogging Group over at SCS.  There are 11 sweet and talented ladies with many great ideas participating today!  So what was the challenge?

Heather was the host this month and chose "NEWNESS."

My challenge to you for the Crafty Girls January challenge is to celebrate newness....it doesn't have to be a new baby...perhaps it's a New Year, new marriage, new job, new friend, etc.
In addition, use the opportunity to try a out a new technique (or template, something you haven't tried before). SCS has a great resources section with plenty of techniques, fancy folds, projects, etc.

So I chose to create a smash book of my own.  I am typically a straight line, symmetrical perfectionist.  For me embellies are usually just a single one or in groups of 3.   I stepped out of my box for this one.  Things are not really lined up, I have 3 jewels at the bottom (couldn't help myself) and 4 down the right hand side.  I choose to do a bit of grunge and lace, I don't mind either style, but usually not together.  I am definitely a quote person, but do not use them much in my paper crafts.  So here is my opportunity--quotes galore!!! Whooo Hooo!





Some inside pages.  This was a great project to use up some of that great paper that may not be fitting for a scrapbook page or a card.  I had a pad of lined paper for journaling, I cut it down and it works perfect.  I bound the book with my bind it all.


This is another sheet I pulled out of MME paper pack.  I have a few, so I am going to fill one out at the beginning of the year and one out at the end to see what has changed and what has stayed the same.  I will have to cut this down so it will fit in the book.  It will likely be scattered throughout.


So for the challenge, I have created a new project and for me the new beginning will be to keep up with the book for 2012.  I have always created for others and really not much for myself.  This will be fun, as it will make me step outside my box and make it a little wonky and fun.  I will give some updates on my blog throughout the year.

One important note... Please make sure to stop by the other Crafty Gals blogs and leave them some love.  They are at the left hand side of my blog for easy clicking!

Thanks Heather for a great challenge.  Thanks to everyone else for stopping by and taking a look.
Blessings until next time!
Athina



10 comments:

  1. Loveyour smash book! I just bought one for me this year! Cant wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project! I love it. I've never made one but now you've inspired me to try. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW--what a great project. You sure took the New Challenge to a "NEW" level!

    Great pages--way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOWWWW Athina, this is unbelievable beautiful!!!. Great job girl!!!. Lot of work and details. The papers are gorgeous. Congrats!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! how awesome! I'm so impressed you made your own SMASH Journal! This is going to be great, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is soooo nice!!!! Great project!! I'm totally inspired by the creative of everyone this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a very nice looking smash book!!! I like the pages inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your book is AWESOME! I love the vintage feel of it & your layouts....excellent work Hun & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! Athina, I am soooo casing this one! Very Shabby Chic! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!