Bkgd

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Sketch & Stamp Challenge #88

Good Evening!


I hope everyone had a great weekend.  I am determined to make this week the best after last week!  Lots going on and very busy after returning to work.  The short week felt longer than a normal 5 day work week. 

As one of my goals for 2012, I want to participate in more challenges to help me grow.  So I have been searching around.  I have done a few SCS challenges and posted in their gallery.  This will be my first blog challenge... Wish me luck!  So over at the Sunday Sketch & Stamp blog (here), I found this sketch for the January 8th challenge.


Perfect for me, as it is square and I have a love for square 5 1/4 cards.  So what did I create?


I used MME and Bo Bunny paper as the background.  The yellow paper that you can barely see, was actually white.  I used my wide Y15 copic marker to make it match Tilda's dress.  The image is Magnolia's Beautiful Tilda.  The sentiment is by Amy R stamps and is on a die cut by spellbinders.  I used mustard seed distress ink on the die cut and then some perfect pearls to give it that magical feel. 


Copics used:
Skin:  E000, E00, E11, E13, W1
Hair:  E35, E37, E57, E59
Frog:  YG01, YG03, YG17, YG25
Flowers:  R00, R21, R22
Dress:  Y02, Y04, Y06, Y15
Shading:  C1, C3, W1, W2, N1, W5

I also used some stickles around the wings and for some little texture bubbles around Tilda.







For the inside, I used the same paper as the front to bring it all together.  The inside sentiment is by America Art Stamp.  This card will go into my stash, as I don't have anyone in mind at this time.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit today.  Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great week!

Until next time....
Athina

6 comments:

  1. Very Cute card--love the image and your colors are perfect! The inside is sweet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, this is adorable! I love your stitching and the bubble border :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for the challenge. Challenges are helping me so much too, and great colouring as usual Athina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! That's a great idea for matching your papers exactly to the image colour :)
    Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card. Love the stitching. Thank you for taking part this week at Sunday Sketch and Stamp x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!