Bkgd

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Material?

Hello Everyone!

Today I have a bit of a different post.  I actually started out crafting by sewing.  I think the funniest story for me was my first adventure into sewing.  I had to make something for a child for a child development class in high school.  So I made an attempt.  Do you remember back in the early 90's those country bunnies that were so popular with the big floppy ears?  Well, my mom had made several for the house and I thought to myself, "I can do that too!"

Well, I started just like any one should.  I picked out the fabric and began cutting everything out.  My mom was very nice to hang around and try to help me understand what all the jargon meant.  I sewed that bunny right up.  Well, the problem was that it did not look like a bunny.  It looked like a mosquito.  OH BOY!  I couldn't turn that in to the teacher for a grade, I would surely fail.  So my mom helped me with another one and it came out looking better with her help.

I have been told many times that I have a bit of a perfectionist that lives inside of me.  So I did not let that stop me from trying other things as I grew older.  I did however put the sewing machine away after that until shortly after I was married.  I then got the idea that I needed to make some quilts.  Well I did and they came out quite well.  So from time to time, I sew things other than paper!

I decided to try this bag and I had no idea how big it would be.  It pattern is called My Favorite Bag by Kati Cupcake.  I love it!  I can fit just about anything in it.  It has six pockets on the outside (the stripped material) and six on the inside.  The grommets are actually shower curtain grommets.   I stuff this thing full when I travel to scrapbook.  My husband tells me that I should be careful with that bag, it will rip.  No way!!!  I sewed it really strong.


I have plans to make another one this size and then I have measurements (somewhere) to make a handbag size one.  So I guess this post is still a bit about papercrafting, as I use it for my supplies.

I hope you have a fantastic week!  I will be back later in the week with some more paper goodness!  Thank you for stopping by!
Until next time....
Athina

8 comments:

  1. Your are great Athina, Apart from my cards I can't sew anything else. GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Athina, this is so cute! I love it...great job girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...what a fabulous job U did!!
    Love all the fun fabric U used too!
    I am a new follower of your blog,
    U make exceptional cards!♥
    Will be visiting often...:o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice bag. I can't sew so I always admire those who can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm so proud of you for making this! Your bag came out really cute & I do like those colors....I need to learn how to sew! I would love a bag like this! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you the fabulous multi talented crafter:)!!! This bag is wonderful and beautifully done!


    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great cards and you sew!? Bag is adorable

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!