Bkgd

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Crafty Gals September Challenge

Hello Friends!

Welcome back to another Crafty Gals Monthly Challenge.

Hostess: Jeanette

“Get Punchy”

I absolutely love creative punch art! (Have you seen my Pinterest Punch Art Board?) I know not everyone loves punch art, but I do. I also know that a lot of us don’t have many punches. Therefore I’m not going to make this challenge too difficult.

The Simple Plan: Make a card using a punch somewhere on it. Easy Peasy!

The Advanced Plan: Make a card where you use punches to make something they were not originally intended for. For example: Use oval punches to make a frog, use circle punches to make a snowman, use the stocking punch to make a stick horse, use a heart punch to make a Christmas tree, use a variety of punches to make a chef or witch or elephant, etc.


Well, I have to say, this was definitely a challenge for me.  My punches are mostly border punches and I the punch art just does not fit with me for some reason.  So I racked my brain and I am not sure if I got this challenge or not.  I did use a border punch and the cricket.

I made a gift card holder, as it is something I knew I could give away.  I don't typically give cards to children, so I did not feel right making an animal of any kind.  I found a cute version of a gift card holder over at myhappyplace.typepad.com, so I decided to CASE it.   I did add my own touches, mainly the flower.

So I used a 4" x 6 3/4" piece of cardstock.  I scored it at 1 3/4" and 4 3/4" and folded it.  Once folded, I used the border punch to make a nice edge on the top.  I then cut coordinating paper to cover the front.  For the flower, I used six flowers (three different sizes).  They started out as white cardstock and I used distress inks to color them up in a shade of pink and purple.  I then used some browns to stamp script on a few and I embossed a few for different textures. Then heat set them so the ink would not be removed.  After all of the flowers were ready to go, I lined them up and put a brad thru them.  Squirted them with water and wadded that flower into a ball.  Then unball the flower and shape as desired.  I attached the flower to a band that was also border punched.  I love the way the flower turned out.  So much texture and it is very unique.  I will be making more of these in the future.



So what did the other ladies in the group make?  Stop by and visit them to find out!!!

Melina ~ Crafty Scrapper 
Tracie ~ The Crafty Touch
Carolina ~ Cardolina Scrapolina
Barb ~ Barb's Inkin' into Retirement
Diane ~ Stampin Ldyglfr62
Lela ~ Lela's Crafty Corner
Heather ~ Lost in the Land of Stamping
Patty ~ LaLatty's Stamp 'N Stuff
Jeanette ~ Cre8tive Play: It's Cheaper than Therapy 



Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your day!

Blessings until next time...
Athina

12 comments:

  1. Very pretty Athina! Love the colors & your design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Athina, this is STUNNING! I love that flower.... so pretty! And your card is very classy!

    Thank you for getting PUNCHy with me this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I love your flower! The colors are so pretty! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh...I LOVE THIS!!! That flower is gorgeous. I thought it was store bought when I first looked at it. You totally rocked that challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the border for the band as well as the card. Love your color combo. I love pink and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!! I love this project and your flower is stunning! I really need to take the time to learn how to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card - that flower is somethin else! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Athina! I love that flower! Super card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Athina! The flower is beautiful and the band is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice gift card holder. I love the flowers on the band.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!