Bkgd

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge

Hello Blogging Friends!

I know it is not Tuesday or Sunday, but I have some exciting news to share with you today!  I have been asked to join the Lady Anne's Progressive Christmas Challenge Design Team!  What could be better?  I love making Christmas cards, so it seemed like a good fit.  I will be sure to keep up on them this year!

So what is the Progressive Christmas Challenge you ask?

If you want to join in, just send Laurian an email at christmasprogressive@mail.com  with your email address. 
Then she will send you the 2 free images and then the fun begins. 
All you have to do is make a card/s with one or both of the images to get the next month’s free images. She also asks that all participants link their posts to the sponsor as well as to Lady Anne’s.

This will be a monthly challenge so you will have plenty of time to complete your projects. If you miss a month or join in at a later date, you will be able to buy in for only £1, using the PayPal button in the side bar of the challenge blog. Only those who participate in the challenge will get the next month’s free digis.


Lady Anne has a few different challenges running and you have a month to enter!  So get some free images, get started on your Christmas cards and come share them with us!

Our sponsor this month is Stamp N Doodle

So here is my first card for the design team.  The image, Christmas Choir 2, was generously provided by Stamp N Doodle.  It gave me a chuckle when I first seen it.  The girl in the middle is just singing her heart out.  I decided to take the "Dream" approach with this image.  Perhaps she sings really well and this is the first time anyone has heard her?  Who knows?  But I want to think positively!

I printed the image on cryogen paper and colored it with my copics.  I cut out the image and framed it with Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles die cut.  The card is a gate fold card adorned with Cosmo Cricket and creative image papers.  I added some lace, burlap a Tim Holtz ticket and a button.  The sentiment is by Stampabilites.


Copics used:
Skin:  E000, E00, E11, E13, E21
Hair:  E50, E53, E57, C3, C5, C7
Robes: R24, R27, R89, W00, W1, W3
Greenery:  YG93, YG95, YG97, 0
Books:  E50

The inside has sheet music paper with additional burlap and a tag.  The tag is inked with Tim Holtz walnut stain distress ink. The sentiment is by Printworks and I think fits the front well (Always leave a little room in your Holidays for Miracles).


 Lady Anne has a few different challenges running and you have a month to enter!  So get some free images, get started on your Christmas cards and come share them with us!

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:


Thanks so much for stopping by!
Blessings until next time...
Athina

7 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this type of challenge, but it's a great idea!!!! Congrats!! Your card is beautiful as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my image and can't wait to start coloring. Great job on being a DT. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous, love your use of colour and DP. The design showcases the image perfectly.
    Thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at Charisma Cardz.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the image! They really enjoy being in a choir! Cute card. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and what a fun image - LOL! It does give you the giggles! I really love the look on the girl's face on the far left - lol! Congratulations on your new design team! You will do a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and your image is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card!
    Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!