Bkgd

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Loves Rubberstamps - Lots of Layers


Hello Friends!

What fun the challenge is over at Loves Rubberstamps this week!  It is Lots of Layers!  I love thick, dimensional layered cards.  So this challenge is right up my alley.  Our sponsor this week is Birdie Brown.  They generously provided us some images to work with this week.

I have chosen Girl with a Rose and colored her up with my copics on cryogen paper.  I decided to do a vertical joy fold card for this challenge, lots of opportunity for layers.  I cut the image out with Spellbinders Labels 26 and also folded in half my background to cut with the same die.  I was careful not to cut the top of the folded paper, to create the flap on the card.  The bottom was folded up and the edges of the paper were punched with Fiskers scallop border punch.  I chose the Simple Stories, Summer Fresh paper pack on this card.  I loved the fresh, fun papers to choose from.  The sentiments were stamped with black tuxedo memento ink and are from the Fiskars Make a Wish clear stamp set.  I also inked all the edges with brushed corduroy distress ink.





Copics used:
Dress:  B91, B95, B97
Skin:  E000, E00, E11
Rose:  R20, R24, R29, R39, G20, G24, G28
Hair:  E29, E30, E35, E39
Shoes:  W3, W5, W7
Socks:  W0, W1




Ok, so you have seen all my layers, now I want to see yours!  Come on over to LovesRubberstamps and share your layers with us.

I want to enter this in the following challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody - Anything Goes
Pink Gem - Dies & Punches
CMC - Girly & Femine
Bloggers - Dies
Broken Box Stock - Birthday
Card Makin Mamas - Birthday
QKR Stampede - Anything Goes
ABC Challenge - Happy Birthday
Crafty Ribbons - Buttons
Paper Makeup Stamps - Anything Goes with digi
Rubys Rainbow - Roses

Thanks for stopping by today!
Blessings until next time…
Athina

16 comments:

  1. This is so cute Athina!! Love all your super layers and your colouring... wow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! What a fun card! I love all of the layers and you blended everything together beautifully! Lots of interesting things to admire on this beauty! Plus that image makes me just want to hug her!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous image and dp. Love the layers.
    Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Your coloring is so pretty! Love the pleats on her dress and how did you do that water color background effect! I always love your fold cards and need to try more of these myself. They come out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love the image and the coloring job on the image as well as all the layers on your card! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OM Gish this is adorable! I love all those layers. Your papers are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so super cute and your coloring is fabulous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous image,coloring and Card! thank you so much for joining us this week at QKR Stampede.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card! I stopped by to let you know that you won the Sassy Studios Design image from my blog!! Yea!! Please hop over to the SSD blog to see how to get your image. Thanks so much for the kind comment you left for me and Congratulations! Hugs, Robin

    http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I just saw that we are waiting for winners to be posted on SSD blog. Please keep an eye out and they will be posted soon. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so sweet!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons button up challenge.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely lots of layers! lol You did a fab job matching them up and the way you've colored up that little girl is so dang cute!

    Thanks for sharing your card with us in the Birthday Challenge with the Card Makin' Mamas!

    Hope to see you again soon!

    Inky hugs,
    Angi
    CMM DT
    makingmayhem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute!! I love the design and you have colored it beautifully. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, love the layout.
    Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.
    Good luck!
    Sandy :) DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!