Bkgd

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Party Time Tuesdays #109 Anything Goes

Hi Friends!

I am back today with another challenge for Party Time Tuesdays!  This week is an easy one - Anything Goes!  So come on over and show us what you are working on.

Since we are doing anything goes, I decided to switch it up a bit.  Again, I did not use my copics,   I made this altered wood wall hanging for my mother in law.  My husband asked me to make it for her, so he agreed to go to Hobby Lobby to help me pick out the wooded and cardboard letters to spell QUILT.  We originally picked out matching style of letters, but decided to get a bit funkier.  So he sat in the floor of Hobby Lobby while I handed him different letter styles.  Then we would arrange them until we decided on a final layout for them.

So once I got them home, I used a variety of items to decorate them.  For the Q (in the very background, I used My Mind's Eye papers and tim holtz distress ink.  I tore the paper and then inked the edges.  I attached the paper in various directions with mod podge.  I love that stuff!  Then I finished the Q with a crocheted doily for the leg of the letter.



I cut out more paper and mod podged it onto the U.  Once it dried, I used various stamps from Stampers Anonymous, XXX set.  I also used some distress embossing powder in a few places.  To finish it off, I tied some twine with a spool of thread on one side and tied some material to the other side.  All edges were inked with distress ink.


I covered the background with some more matching paper.  This paper has a yard stick on it, appropriate for a quilting theme.  I attached some lace to the top and bottom with a sewing machine button.  For the middle, I tied some twine around it and used the twine to hang a little pair of scissors.


I think the L is my favorite letter of all.  I added some paper and then used distress inks to stamp with the same stamp set.  I also used a hounds tooth background stamp on the edges.  I love that stamp, but I haven't come up with many ways to use it just yet.


Since the T could easily be used for a bolt of fabric, I cut some fabric and wrapped it around the long part of the T.  I pinned it with a crystal pin and tucked the ends in.


This was a lot of fun to put together.  I did have to make a few trips to Hobby Lobby since I did not like how a few of the letters turned out originally.  But in the end, I was happy with the result.

Just a reminder of our 1000th follower giveaway!
So to celebrate Party Time Tuesdays is going to be giving away a little blog candy!
How about a $20 Gift Certificate to:
The Paper Nest
Our Month long Sponsor in March...So be sure to play along for more chances to win these little cuties!

 
Here is what you do:

1. Be a Google friend connect follower OR a Network blog follower on Party Time Tuesdays blog.

2. Be a Facebook follower OR a Twitter follower (remember I let you know in advance our following challenge!!).

3. Post our PTT badge in your sidebar (found in the upper left hand sidebar).

and Finally

4. Link your blog to the linky on Party Time Tuesdays blog.

This will be open till February 28th.  Winner will be announced on March 1st.  So watch for your name!!


So now I have shared with you my Anything Goes creation, come on over to PTT and share yours with us!

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings until next time....
Athina

11 comments:

  1. Athina, I love your wall hanging! What a clever idea & all of the details add the perfect touch. I'm sure your MIL loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome Quilt banner! Thanks so much for joining us for the Creative Inspirations Paint Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your creativeness. I might have to give this a try some time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wall hanging is just darling! Love the design, the papers, the distressing, and the cute embellies. Thank you for sharing this with us at Jellypark Friends. Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just awesome Athina! I do love everything about it...very nice work Hun & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful project! I'm sure your Mom will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! What a fabulous gift you made!! This is just awesome! I spent forever trying to take in all of the details you added!! Such a nice gift She is going to love it! Really, really sweet and thoughtful project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something very unique. All the different textures and looks are fabulous. Thanks for sharing your art with us at Robyn's Fetish.
    Hugz,
    Christine Dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your wallhanging! I would be so happy to have that hanging in my sewing space.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!