Bkgd

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Loves Rubberstamps Challenge – Die Cuts or Punches


Hello Friends,

This is the last post for today, so please be sure to scroll down and see the other two posts of good fun! 

I am back with another weekly challenge for Loves Rubberstamps!  This weeks challenge is to use Die Cuts or Punches.  That sounds easy enough!  So pull out those dies and punches, we would love to see what you have created!  Our sponsor this week is QKR Stampede.

I created a soft pastel card using Wee Stamps –Silver Fairy image.  I used cryogen paper and copics to color this beautiful image.  I also used some Tim Holtz Distress Inks around the image to add some interest.  The entire image is surrounded by Spellbinders  Fleur  De Lis Square die cut.  The background papers are My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up.  I finished up the with another die cut and some trim.  The Greeting Farm sentiment is stamped on a rectangle and I used my cropodile to fancy the edges a bit.  I finished it with some pearl embellishments and ribbon.


 

Copics used:
Skin:  E000, E00, E11, E13
Wings:  B10, B11, B13, C0, C1, C3
Dress:  R00, R21, R22
Hair:  E50, E53, E97 

I used a Martha Stewart edge punch on the inside. The tag actually fits inside the bottom and pulls out.  I left it blank for now so I could write a personal note to the recipient.


 
Many of the items used on this card can be found at Loves Rubberstamps

Supplies:
Image:  Wee Stamps –Silver Fairy
Sentiment – Greeting Farm
Paper:  My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Dolled Up
Dies:  Spellbinders  Fleur  De Lis Square & Fleur De Lis Accents
Punch:  Fiskars scalloped edge & Cropodile corner rounder
Tim Holtz Distress Inks:  Weathered wood
Embellishments:  pearls, ribbon, trim, stickles

Ok, now it is your turn, let's see what you have created!  Come on over to Loves Rubberstamps  and play along with us!
 
Thank you for stopping by!
Blessings until next time…
Athina

22 comments:

  1. Love these!! I am a sucker for tags and that sweet fairy makes me want to just hug her!! Your coloring is beautiful as always and I really love the soft feel of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Athina! I love the pretty image and the tag inside the card is fantastic. I love that! Pretty colors and pretty coloring too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and I love how you framed her. Great colors and design and the inside is just as fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Those die cuts are so awesome!
    Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! I love looking at your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing our ribbon and bows challenge, great job!

    Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! and very clever design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her wings are stunning! I just love the image! Way to use ribbon and bows on your creation! Thanks for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Athina! What a beautiful card! I love the color combo and the sweet image, you have colored it beautifuly. Love it! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! I love those pretty colors that you chose and you colored your image so perfect! Love the dies you chose too! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Hun! Love your coloring & layout...adorable image too! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card with one of my favourite Wee stamps fairies... you have coloured her beautifully.

    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink... hope to see you again soon!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such amazing colouring on the image, and I love your colour combination as well as the adorable little tag! Thanks so much for your visit - much appreciated.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love faeries and your coloring has just brought this one to life. Beautiful work as always Athina!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, love the coloring and all the details on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, fabulous colouring. Thank you for joining us at Sparkles this month.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card, love the colouring and all the details. Thank you for joining us at My Heart Pieces Challenge this fortnight. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card thanks for joining in at Cards Galore and best of luck x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful color of this wonderfully sweet Sylvia Zet image! Love how you've used those gorgeous colors and the tag is a wonderful idea!

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card!!! Love the colors :)
    Thanks for joining us for challenge #8 at LUFP!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous creation!

    Thank you for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges for our * Anything goes * challenge

    Hope you will join us again & good luck in the draw
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!