Bkgd

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

{PIN}spirational Challenge # 42


Hello Friends:

Welcome back to my blog if you are returning, I appreciate your visit!  If you are new to my blog, thank you for stopping by to check it out! 

I have three posts for today, so please be sure to scroll up and see the other two for today.  Today we have a heart themed picture at {PIN}spirational Challenges.  Check it out!





Our sponsors this week:



I had something completely different in mind when I looked at the inspiration picture.  But what I find is that when I sit down at my desk to pull a creation together, it never quite ends up as I imagined.   I have used the Butterfly Collage digi image kindly provided by Gingerloft for this card today.  I have wanted for some time to create a side step card, so I thought why not on this one?  I have colored the image with my copics and then added some extra perfect pearls and pop microbeads to the butterflies. 




Copics used:
Letter:  W00, W2, 0
Butterflies:  R00, R20, 0
Leaves:  YG93, YG95, 0


For the background of the card, I used white cardstock.  I added some Tim Holtz distress ink in dusty concord, spun sugar and victorian velvet to create my base.  Then I stamped a Paisley Background image in pumice stone distress ink.  I was still not 100% happy, so I added some hearts by Stampers Anonymous, Urban Chic, in victorian velvet ink.  I have added some extra decoration with the pearls, doily and trim. 


We would love it if you would come and join us this week at {PIN}spirational Challenges.  With Valentine’s Day being only a few weeks away, there are so many projects that could be inspired by this picture.
Thank you for stopping by!  I can’t wait to see what you create!
Blessings until next time…

Athina



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful step card! The extra elements you added are perfect and very eye appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! LOVE IT!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for side step cards!! You did a beautiful job with this! Lovely colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing at my time to craft, good luck with the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! Love the side step!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card here, love the extra dimension on it, as well as the embellishments used! Fab!

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!