Bkgd

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Loves Rubberstamps - Kirkland Inspiration

Hello Friends,

I am back with another Loves Rubberstamps challenge for you today.  The challenge is Kirkland Inspiration.  So off to Kirklands.com to find something inspiring.  I found this picture and I love how fun it is with all the bright colors.


Our sponsor this week is Sweet N Sassy.

I decided to use Whimsy Kenny K, All That, image.  It is stamped on cryogen paper with memento ink and colored with copics.  This is not a typical image for me, but I loved coloring her up.  It made me feel young again.  After I colored her up, I cut her out with Spellbinders Labels 14 die, then cut another one out of black cardstock to set behind the colored image.  I added some background around the image with miscellaneous Autumn Leaves and Paper Inspiration stamps. 

I pulled out some fun Tim Holtz distress inks to create the background. My desk was a mess!  I tend to start inking and stamping when I get those inks out and I forget to write things down.  I did some emboss resist and some general inking on the background.  After I finished embossing and inking, I used some Tim Holtz white picket distress stain to lighten up a few more areas of the background.  My thinking was to make the background of the card fun and hopefully look somewhat like the inspiration picture.  I was happy with the result.

I decided I would make a tag to pull out of the image to add some extra fun with this card.  Since I used a Tim Holtz metal embellishment (Life is about creating yourself), I thought the Amy R sentiment, would be perfect on the tag.  I did the tag in the same method I did the background of the card. 



Here is a closer look at the background paper.


Copics used:
Skin:  E000, E00, E11, E13
Hat/Pants:  BV20, BV23, BV25
Hair:  E29, E30, E35, E39
Shirt:  RV10, RV13, RV14
Shoes:  BG10, BG11, BG13, RV10, RV13, RV14

I can't wait to see what has inspired you!  Be sure to come over to Loves Rubberstamps and share your creation with us!

I would like to enter this in the following challenges;
Challenges 4 Everybody- Anything Goes
Pink Gem Challenge - Emboss
Hiding in my Craftroom - Tags
ATCs with Attitude - Tag
Simply Create Too - Anything Goes
Totally Paper Crafts - Embossing Time
Delightful Sketches - Tag

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings until next time...
Athina

14 comments:

  1. I love this Athina! What a great take on the inspiration photo. The colors you used on your card match perfectly! I love using TH distress inks too. Looks like you had fun playing and your project came out beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Absolutely beautiful! I LOVE the colors and the cute image, which you have colored perfectly. Love it! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love that bg! Thank you for sharing with us @ Simply Create Too!

    Amanda
    SCTDT
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Athina that card was just amazing! I love stamping and inking and coloring too but I don't use it too much on my layouts mostly on cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Cute!! Cute!! Love the vibrant colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE!!! So cute and the design and colors and background colors are fabulous and totally represent your inspiration piece. This is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the colours and that fab Kenny K image.

    Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning card. Fabulous colour and design. I love to use the hidden tag technique. It works so well here.
    Thank you for joining us this week at TPC Challenge.
    Laine xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! I love your back ground and the tag. The image is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a colorful and fun card! I love the coloring! Thank you for joining our challenge at Delightful Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY WOWZERS!!!! This is jaw-dropping GORGEOUS!! Your background is soooo beautiful! You captured that inspiration piece perfectly!! What an amazingly fun card! What a cool idea to have the hidden tag too! I also love how you offset the black frame from the image frame. You are a total creative genius! TOTALLY IN LOVE with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous project, Athina. It has been selected as a Delightful Challenges Top 3! Email me if you'd like a Top 3 badge for your sidebar.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn
    Lsuesart @ aol . com (with the spaces)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderfully fun and funky card! The background is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!