Bkgd

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

{PIN}spirational Challenge # 40

Hello Friends,

I have three posts for today, so please grab your coffee sit back and relax if you wish to scroll thru them all!

Today I am back with another {PIN}spritational Challenge.  What is that you ask?  You will be given a picture to be inspired by.  So today's picture is a nice plate of blue cupcakes with tea pots on top.



We have two generous sponsors this week and they generously provided images for us to work with.




I am using the Party Pig digi image by Beccy's Place.  Isn't that the cutest pig?  I thought of a birthday party when I seen the cupcakes.  I colored the image with copics and finished the pig off with perfect pearls and stickles to add a little bit of shine.  I wanted to do something a bit different with this card.  I have been seeing cards where the image sticks off the top of the card.  So I made the base 4.5" x 5" and used Spellbinders Large Oval and Floral Blossom One dies to cut out the image.  The image was finished with distress ink and some emboss resist to give it more of a celebration feel.
I stamped a Fiskars sentiment on a tag and added some distress ink and ribbon to finish the tag.  The background paper is by Reflections.  I recycled some tulle from a package and tied it around the front, finished with a button.


 




Copics used:
Pig:  YR0000, YR01, YR61, W2, 0
Hat:  B32, B34, B37
Pearls: W1
Tu-tu:  B32, B34, B37, B39

The inside was finished with Reflections & Pink Paislee paper.  I used a EK Success scallop edge punch on the blue but it is hard to see in the picture.



 I hope you have been inspired by the blue cupcakes!  Head on over to {PIN}spritational Challenge and share your creation with us!

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:
2 Sisters - Celebration
All Sorts - Die Cuts
ATCs with Attitude - Use a Tag
Creative Corners - Cute as a Button
Fairytale Challenge - Animals & Pets
Charisma Cardz - Happy Birthday
DRS Designs - Buttons
Paper Play -Celebration
Make My Monday - Die Cuts/Punches

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings until next time...
Athina

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the Party Pig image, it is sooo cute!!! Hugs, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not agree more with your sentiment! And your pig is just delightful! A Lovely card! hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Athina, I love your card! Great fold... and that dancing pig is such fun! Love the way you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Athina--what a cute card--love the image and what a graet fold to use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Original shape. Fabulous work of colours on your pig. Magnificent card. Bravo !

    Thank you for having answered our invitation for the fourth birthday of Charisma Cardz this week !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! Love the adorable image and your shading is perfect! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet and fun! I love the image you used. You colored her beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute, love the image and the great card design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, those cupcakes are amazing!!! And your card was perfect for the inspiration challenge! I love that sweet dancing pig and the tulle and tag look great with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card, love it. Thanks for joining the DRS designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your coloring skills are amazing!! That is one cute pig too!! Thanks for playing along with us at DRS Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. too cute!
    Thanks for joining our birthday at Charisma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week for my Dies & Punches challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card - beautifully decorated inside and out.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that is one cool cupcake! Love your card and the color palette you've used. The pig is just so fun and sweet and makes for a perfect focal point.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card! Thank you for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card, love the beautifully coloured, fun image. Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz.
    Carissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for joining us at MMM with this cute card
    Suzi B :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Soooo cute!!!! Thank you very much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Athina, this has got to be the cutest little piggy I've ever seem in my life!!! LOVE your card and your coloring on the pig is wonderful. Thanks for saying which Copics you used on here too - I've never know what colors to use to make it actually look like a pig! Precious card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a great image....love it
    thanks a lot for taking part at Creative Corner Challenges
    Love Mel DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just so darling! I love that pig image and your layout and dp are just fabulous. I'm never disappointed when I visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoyed both of your pretty cards! :) That is one sweet fancy piglet! Such awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super dancing pig, a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM challenges. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love all your cards! You are so amazingly talented! This pig...adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the colouring! And your card is fantastic! Sweet :)

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOL! I got the giggles when I say the inspiration for your card and that cute piggy - LOL! I am a total piggy around cupcakes myself so it made me laugh! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!