Bkgd

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

{PIN}spirational Challenge # 39

Hello Friends!

I have three posts for today, so make sure you catch them all!  Today I am back with another
{PIN}spirationalChallenge.  What is a {PIN}spirational challenge you ask?  Well you look at a picture and get inspired to create something based on that picture.  So your picture this week is a group of penguins.
 
                                                                 
                 
Our generous sponsor this week is Bugaboo Stamps!  They provided our adorable images to use this week.
 
                                                                              
 
I used the Penguin with a Star image and colored him with my copics.  The paper is all MME Lost and Found collection.  I cut the image out with my Large Oval Spellbinders die and cut another Large Scalloped Oval to layer the image on.  I also used distress ink around the edges of the image to make him stand out a bit.  In addition, I used Dimensional Pearls on the scallops.  The sentiment is by Stampin Up.
 

 
Copics Used:
Penguin:  W1, W2, W5, W7, W10
Feet/Nose:  E99, YR24, YR27
Star:  Y11, Y21, Y35
Scarf:  BG13, BG15, BG49

Image:  Bugaboo, Penguin with Star
Sentiment:  Stampin Up
Paper:  Recollections
Dies:  Spellbinders Classic Large Oval & Scalloped Oval
Embellishments:  Adirondack Dimensional Pearls, Stickles
 
I would like to enter this in the following challenges:
Catch the But - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me - Winter Wonderland
Fairytale Challenge -Animals & Pets

Come on over and play with us at {PIN}spirationalChallenge!  I can't wait to see what you create!

Thank you for stopping by!
Blessings until next time…
Athina

10 comments:

  1. Awwwwww!!!! My daughter is a penguin nut so this made me think of her! Your cards is really adorable!! I really like that you used black as a matting color. Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your card! Great background with the mix and matched papers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS!!! Love your coloring on this little guy - and that addition of the clothes pins is just perfect! Love it!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. penguins are soooo cute aren't they?? check out Bugaboo's penguin line :) Thanks for playing along with Bugaboo at Catch the Bug!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Athina--I love this card. The colors are outstanding and I love the layout!

    Thanks so much for welcoming me as a part of the {Pin}Spirational Team--this is so much fun! I am happy to be able to admire your cards now on a weekly basis!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute!! I may have to play along in this challenge because I love penguins and that inspiration picture is adorable AND I love Bugaboo images too - LOL! Awesome job Athina!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great job for the pinspirational challenge. Thanks for playing along at Fairy Tale Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little penguin, and I really like the dsp's you chose for this adorable card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! The image is sweet, and the colouring is fab! :)

    Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to comment on my work. It is greatly appreciated!